The O'Brien Center, Seattle University's athletic administration building, opened in early 2011. It houses the administrative offices for athletics and was formally opened and dedicated in the beginning of 2011.
Its official name is the Ed and John O'Brien Center for Athletic Adminsitration, named after former SU athletes and brothers Ed and John O'Brien. The O'Briens came to Seattle University in the 1950's and spent three years each on the varsity baseball and basketball teams. Their numbers are retired for both sports, and the O'Brien twins are still a part of the SU athletics family, attending numerous sporting events and fundraisers throughout the season for numerous SU sports.